Saturday, March 27, 2010

Top 5 photos of Nicaragua... 8 photos actually.

So here are some of my favorite pictures (I did not take) at Jinotega. I do not remember what photographer took which one but I know they come from Ashel Parson, Blake Matthews and Kylie Atkins portfolios.


Pic No. 1

This is a little girl at Matagalpa's Malnutrition Center. What I like the most about it is the attitude of the kid towards the photographer, how comfortable she seems to be, how easy it is for her to love. Her flirtatious smile reflects the beauty of the people.

Pic No. 2

This is a girl who has Down Syndrome at the Special School in Jinotega. I absolutely LOVE her gaze, how it is fixed in the photographer. I feel she's looking through me.


Pic No. 3

A girl who works at the municipal dump, and lives in its surroundings.


Pic No. 4

Phillip Holsinger went crazy when he saw this crane in a random street int he middle of Jinotega. He pushed the breaks, and reversed the car screaming "dude! did you see that?"


Pic No. 5

At the Zip lining place outside Masaya. This kid, I think his name is Jose, told me the story of my life. He is learning English form the tourists who visit the place, in which he has worked around 2 years only. He wants to 'get out of poverty' he said. He was the first story that touched my life on the trip.


Pic No. 6

This is Holy teaching a kid the picture she just took of him. I represents to me one of the multiple ways American guys found to connect with the native Spanish speakers, who were dying to interact with the 'gringos.' Language barrier is overrated.


Pic No. 7

Girls at the municipal dump. I'll let the picture talk by itself.


Pic No. 8

Girl at the malnutrition center at Matagalpa. I do not know her story, but I completely wished I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment