Friday, March 5, 2010

For the sake of beginnings...

Yes, it is past 11 p.m.
I am not done with packing yet, and I am not sure if I'll ever be... Fitting all a lady needs for a week into a carry on is not an easy task, but then again, it is a "must" for this trip.
I frankly cannot wait for it to be tomorrow. Today the sun seemed reluctant to set, the hours still seem hesitant to die; and all I want as it is right now is to meet my new passion, my new story: to get to Jinotega.
Jinotega is not only the poorest town in Nicaragua, it might as well be the poorest town in the whole region. I have heard so much from this town and yet too little for it to satisfy my heart: I need to get there, I need to see it by myself.
I was once presented to a story in particular, of a particular girl in this particular town... and I cannot wait to meet her! Especially because her story could have been mine. If I happen to encounter her, I will share with you about it. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the anxiety, the thrill of uncertainty.
All I know is I am meeting the team at 11 a.m. Any other details about the flight, accommodations and such I honestly ignore... in a way I do not care much. As soon as I find out... I'll let you know.
If anxiety lets me sleep, and I make it to the place of its cause: I'll write to you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. i've been packing my whole life and it's never enough for the journey and always far too much. I have relinquished this anxiety in place of the burden of meeting expectations for my arrivals... so many arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many arrivals you say... Yet I hope someday I'll be able to say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe, fulfilling trip, my dear!

    -Emerson Ayala-.

    ReplyDelete